click image for larger view
With 34mm of sidecut (tip to waist) and a profile of 112/78/95mm, the Fisher S-Bound 112 backcountry ski featured in Backcountry Touring Package #1 is great for making turns and trail breaking in deep powder, but with Fischer’s Sintec Base and OffTrack Crown waxless pattern, as well as a lively camber underfoot, the S-Bound 112 offers surprisingly good gliding efficiency for when covering a lot of flat or rolling ground on mostly packed snow surfaces. This package straddles the fence between Backcountry Downhill and Backcountry Touring and depending on which side you lean towards, we offer both softshell and hardshell boot options. For the lightest weight and best all around performance, stick with the Fischer BCX675 softshell boot and Voile 3-Pin Cable bindings. If you want to maximize your downhill power when you’re in steep terrain, upgrade to the Voile 3-Pin Hardwire bindings and the Scott Excursion hardshell boots. Attach a set of Fischer EZ Skins (sold separately) for greatly improved uphill grip on long ascents and in steep terrain and you will be outfitted for just about any backcountry terrain and conditions you encounter.
- Intended Use: Spending a good amount of time kicking and gliding on packed snow while seeking fresh powder turns, such as on hut to hut tours, backyard backcountry yo-yo skiing on your secret slice of the mountainside, and skiing on and off packed snow trails such as logging roads, mountain bike trails, and rolling hills
- Skis: Fischer S-Bound 112 Crown waxless backcountry skis with EZ Skin climbing skin system compatibility (50mm and 65mm EZ Skins sold separately)
- Bindings: Voile 3-Pin Cable bindings with removable cables--recommended for softshell boots
- Upgrade Bindings: Voile Hardwire 75mm 3-Pin Backcountry bindings with removable hardwires--recommended for hardshell boots (+$105)
- Boots: Fischer BCX675 75mm 3-Pin backcountry softshell boots
- Upgrade boots: Scott Excursion 75mm 3-Pin backcountry hardshell boots (+$70)
- Poles: Swix ASC XT aluminum fixed length poles with powder baskets
- Upgrade Poles: Black Diamond Traverse adjustable poles (+$45)
- Recommended:Fischer EZ Skins (available in 50mm and 65mm)
For sizing info and more details and specs on the individual items offered in this package, click on the links below:
» Fischer S-Bound 112 Crown Backcountry Touring Ski details & sizing chart
» Voile 3-pin Cable Backcountry Telemark Bindings details & sizing chart
» Fischer BCX675 75mm 3-Pin Backcountry Boots
» Scott Excursion Boots details & sizing chart
» Alpina ASC XT Backcountry Poles
» Black Diamond Traverse poles details
FREE SHIPPING NOW!
on orders of $99+
Save Big $$$
*ground shipping only
*contiguous U.S. only
*certain items subject
to oversize surcharge
2016 XC SKI GEAR IS LANDING NOW!
Scarpa, Scott, Voile,
Swix, Alpina, Rottefella,
accessories & more...
Please Contact Us for
additional savings on
school, military and
other volume orders.
Our commitment to offering the best selection of cross country ski equipment and
accessories from great names like Fischer Skis, Rossignol Skis, Madshus,
Salomon, Alpina, Scott & Scarpa Boots, Voile Bindings, Swix Poles & Wax, Black Diamond and more - all at very competitive prices - has earned us
a reputation as one of the most knowledgable dealers in the business.
Much of this is due to a staff that enjoys the great outdoors as much as you do.
Visit our partners...