ON SALE NOW!
+ FREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $99 *contiguous US only
Skiing out the back door would be fun if it weren’t for all those hills, right? With the Fischer Traverse 78 Crown/Skin backcountry touring ski, skiing off track is always fun – even when you’re climbing. The Traverse 78 light-duty BC ski is the perfect width for kick-and-glide skiing out of tracks or breaking your own trail, with full metal edges for control and stability in any terrain or snow conditions. Compatible with Fischer’s revolutionary EZ Skin system (available in 50mm or 65mm widths, sold separately), the Traverse 78 includes a slot near the tip of the ski where the integrated Easy Skin attaches and adheres to the base of the ski, directly over the scales for traction when the climbing gets steep. And when the terrain is more moderate, rely on the Offtrack Crown waxless pattern built into the stone-ground Sintec base for sure grip and great glide. The 78-61-69mm profile tracks straight for touring but is wide enough to offer flotation when you venture off the beaten path, while the nordic camber propels the ski when you kick and lifts the tip for easier turn initiation, too.
- Intended Use: Kick-and-glide skiing out-of-track or in ungroomed conditions on any terrain
- Sizes: 169cm, 179cm, and 189cm lengths
- Tip/Waist/Tail Profile: 78mm/61mm/69mm – narrow enough to glide well for touring, but wide enough to break trail and offer control in unpacked conditions
- 5/10 Nordic Rocker Camber: When ski flexes the tip lifts 5mm, moving the ski/snow contact point back 10mm for easier turn initiation
- OffTrack Crown positive waxless pattern: for excellent grip to kick and glide over flat/rolling terrain in all snow conditions
- EZ Skin compatibility: When the Offtrack Crown waxless pattern starts to lose its grip on steep climbs, custom Fischer EZ Skin climbing skins (sold separately in 50mm or 65mm widths) click into a slot in the front of the ski and adhere over the waxless pattern for improved uphill traction
- Factory stone ground Sintec base: sintered to absorb hot wax (optional) and achieve optimum glide
- Air channel wood core: keeps skis lightweight for easier skinning and better glide for touring flat and rolling terrain
- Full metal edges: offer maximum downhill control and stability in all snow conditions
- Rental Tail Protector: Robust material on ski tails for excellent durability
- Recommended: Fischer EZ-Skin climbing skins
FREE SHIPPING NOW!
on orders of $99+
Save Big $$$
*ground shipping only
*contiguous U.S. only
*certain items subject
to oversize surcharge
2016 XC SKI GEAR IS LANDING NOW!
Scarpa, Scott, Voile,
Swix, Alpina, Rottefella,
accessories & more...
Please Contact Us for
additional savings on
school, military and
other volume orders.
Our commitment to offering the best selection of cross country ski equipment and
accessories from great names like Fischer Skis, Rossignol Skis, Madshus,
Salomon, Alpina, Scott & Scarpa Boots, Voile Bindings, Swix Poles & Wax, Black Diamond and more - all at very competitive prices - has earned us
a reputation as one of the most knowledgable dealers in the business.
Much of this is due to a staff that enjoys the great outdoors as much as you do.
Visit our partners...